View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 07:04 AM   #181
davidfosterart
davidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with othersdavidfosterart plays well with others

Device: Kobo Glo
Well I was going to get a basic Kindle and wanted the case with a light but I heard of the Kobo Glo. I had discounted Kobo and walked past them every time I go into WHSmith. (I have been there with Betamax!)

I thought what the heck, I could try it for the weekend and if not happy take it back and go Kindle.

My wife has a Kindle keyboard so I can compare the two.

Very impressed with this Kobo Glo. It may be staying. Love the light, it may be a bit blotchy, shadowy, but great for night time reading. Much better than a £10 add on LED. Without the light it is exactly the same as the Kindle. Got the same book up on both, same font size, the Kobo seems better layout with title and chapter and pages header and footer.

I have used my wife's Kindle and I thought I would miss the buttons, didn't want to touch the screen while reading but I find the touch is great.

If the Kindle Paperwhite was available here I would have got that instead though because so far I have found Amazon to have better book choice and cheaper. I have found the Kindle buying experience better than Kobo's.

The hardware is spot on though, like the rubber finish and no buttons.
davidfosterart is offline   Reply With Quote