View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:08 AM   #174
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
I have a story.

Yes an actual iPhone 5 story.

A friend of a friend has a son that has nearly turned 26.
He left a big company in the last year to go in with a group to start a business. Anyway, he hasn't had insurance with the big company and was using his parents insurance since he wasn't 26.

He needs a cancer operation, MOHS surgery. (I've had it myself.) He had it scheduled before the end of this month, but it was postponed until after his 26th birthday, and he was trying to get it rescheduled earlier while he still had insurance. At the same time he is trying to do his work which involves the intensive use of computers, but which he can organize with his data handling iPhone.

OK. the stage is set.

He gets his new iPhone 5. The charger fails. He has old chargers but they won't fit. He is trying to get a "dongle" or a charger. Well it seems that there aren't enough to go around. He is traveling about 3 cities within about 300 miles of each other, trying to do his job, trying to arrange his operation. Every Apple store he goes to, he tries to get a dongle or a charger or both. No luck.

One Apple store is nice. They say "well come on in to the store and take 2 hours and charge your phone here."

I can't say things are resolved, though the operation has been advanced up. Still this young man is being put through a ringer. old job/new job/old phone/new phone/ operation/delayed operation/moved up operation/insurance now/ no insurance later/cancer/ hopefully no cancer

I will hear this coming week what happened. (I know of suggestions that come to mind. Just have the old phone (if he still has it) reinstated temporarily -if possible-. Buy a HTC or Galaxy. Get his mom to pay for the operation. Just live with cancer a while. etc.

----

This past Friday evening, he goes to the Apple store to charge his phone.
They tell him "a shipment" just came in. (I don't know if it was dongles or chargers or both. Will check into it.)

The store asked him, "so I guess you want one." He said "I want two!"
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote