View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 01:47 AM   #11
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by jharker View Post
Hi! Well, I haven't done a charging test with the iLiad off yet, but I'll give it a shot. Unfortunately, I just charged up my iLiad, so it'll be a day or so before it's drained enough for me to do the test.

I have no idea whether the battery can or does charge faster with the iLiad off... I can't measure current draw with the iLiad off, so there's no way to know.

As for overcharging, I'm as sure as I can be that it's not a problem. The charging process is hardware-controlled and seems to be voltage-limited. I have measured the battery voltage several times during charging/discharging, and it always charges to between 4.10-4.15V. (Max for Li-ion is 4.20.) It also slows down when the battery is almost full, and stops when the battery is totally full.

Charge estimation is also hardware-controlled, but it is NOT voltage-based. This is why the iLiad's software can't deal with larger batteries. There's a way around it, but it's more clumsy and involves changing the battery kernel module.
What could be a nice way to test is to enjoy the iliad by reading books on a regular interval until the battery is empty.
Ofcourse that would take time.
I think the majority of people generally don't read books for more that 2 to 3 hours a day.
Some do, but most not.
anyways, just a suggestion
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote