View Single Post
Old 06-01-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
  1. Can I side load my ebooks onto the kindle? (if I can then I presume I'm not locked into amazon or am I missing something).
  2. Does the 3G work for UK users?
  3. Can I access any web page or is it just amazon? (I'd read that some users can access anywhere while other sites say not - confused).
  4. Can I post to forums or send web email?
  5. Is there a charge for 3G access?
  6. Is the TTS acceptable?
  7. I assume the international is bought through amazon.com but does it come with an English (or European) power plug?
  8. Can I download books directly onto the kindle from the free sites or here?
  1. Yes — and drm-free Mobipocket/Kindle ebook can be copied to the Kindle over USB.
  2. Yes, in a limited way. But I don't bother with it.
  3. Don't know
  4. Don't know
  5. No.
  6. Some people use the TTS, so it's acceptable for them. I haven't had occasion to use it.
  7. No, it's a US power adapter, but any USB power adapter will work.
  8. Some sites can email ebooks to your Kindle. You can download a special file from Mobileread to your Kindle and then download anything on Mobileread using that. Although again, I haven't done this.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote