View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
pepak
Guru
pepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura aboutpepak has a spectacular aura about

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T3, Kobo Libra H2O
Automatic font embedding - or something else?

A reader of my blog has a curious problem - from all description it seems to me that his Calibre is configured to automatically embed fonts without czech support:

1) He starts with an EPUB with czech (eastern-europen) characters
2) He converts that EPUB into LRF
3) He copies that LRF to the Reader (PRS-505)
4) The Reader fails to display czech characters

If I start with the same EPUB as he and convert it to LRF using my Calibre, the LRF displays fine on my Reader. I sent my LRF to the guy and his Reader displays it just fine, too. He tells me that he has "None" in all font-embedding options in the conversion dialog, and he tells me he gets the same result with both Mac and Windows version of Calibre (Mac being the default).

Does Calibre have some configuration file where embedding could be specified regardless of GUI? Because that's about the only thing I can imagine that would show described behavior.
pepak is offline   Reply With Quote