View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 10:42 AM   #73
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Quote:
The question is, what meaning is thought of when you read the word period? Let say you read period on a page by itself. What meaning comes to mind?
If the word was all by itself in a thread I would assume someone was being emphatic about a previous post.

Period   Period   Period  

First thing that comes to my mind: "replace that mess with a …"

If you are "in the business" and discuss "aunt Flow" regularly then you would probably have a different first thought....but even so, it is still contextual....all the points being made are context based. Even seeing a single word pop up out of the blue in the middle of nowhere relies on some form of context to give it meaning...If your thought processes automatically jump to "flow" then that is an indication of YOUR thought patterns and how you relate to your environment...not that there is anything wrong with that.

My issue with your original comment was your assumption that all adults in America automatically think that when the word comes up. They don't.
Turtle91 is offline   Reply With Quote