View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #133
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkobo View Post
Still, context can sometimes be misleading.
For about a year or more I thought that "bugger" is a pseudo swearword like "gosh" or "darn" because of how I heard it on TV a couple of times. Once my "internal dictionary" classified it as harmless I started using it frequently and with much gusto, to express frustration or astonishment in "polite" company where I could not swear.

And then I actually found out what it really meant!
In Australia you could use it liberally without getting into too much trouble.

We've even had television commercials of some popularity using the word over and over again.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote