View Single Post
Old 03-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #4
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoiattolo49 View Post
Just updated to kindle v3.0 for my iPhone and iPad. The trick of adding the .mobi files directly into \Library\eBooks folder seems broken. after the update when I try to open the same files now I get an error (they where working perfectly with version 2.9).
Tried reinstalling the app and adding againg... same error pops up

PS personal document service still working perfectly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Pixie View Post
The same thing happened to me yesterday! What a bummer that I had organized, tagged and sideloaded my collection a few days before ...
Carols guide of how to tag with calibre and then sideload with discaid or iexplorer worked beautifuly between my Kindle 3, iphone and ipad Kindle apps, but since downloading the latest Kindle app update yesterday, ALL my books disapeared too, except for the ones in the cloud.

My first thought was that Kindle with this update has changed the folder structure in the app, but I dont know... Thoughts or solutions anyone?
And I miss the boy under the tree, reading while stars are falling...
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidey View Post
Yeah, seeing the same problem with v3.0 on my iPad. No amount of removing / re-adding gets around the error (disabling/enabling device sync and a full, clean app reinstall also doesn't help) - if you sideload into library\eBooks, it won't open , and it also doesn't display embedded covers, incidentally. If you move the epub to Documents, it all works (without sync as per usual). If you send via personal document service, it works with sync for Kindles and iOS (and probably PC) - but here's the rub (for me at least); there's no personal document service for the Android app, you just can't target an android phone it seems.

Major bummer, I used to have page sync between my two primary reading devices... an iPad and a Galaxy Nexus. Eagerly awaiting any rockstar tricks to get it back.
You may want to start a new thread about Kindle App 3.0. Maybe get some solutions.

I have not updated yet so can't comment on the problem.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote