Thread: Man-Kzin
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 01:30 PM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcohen View Post
I am curious about the long running Man-Kzin series, however there does not seem to be a volume one amoung these books. I preferr the electronic versions rather than the printed ones. Baen seems to be showing the books starting with volume 6. What gives? What don't I understand? Is there a CD with the later books?
There isn't a volume I, just "The Man-Kzin Wars", published in 1988.

Unfortunately, the earlier volumes aren't available in electronic format at the moment, as they were published before Baen's ebook publishing got off the ground. Some of the early volumes have been published in later ebook bundles (e.g. volume VI), but many are missing.

Fantastic Fiction seems to have a good list of the volumes that have been published since the first in 1988.

There are a couple of 'best of' collections, that include some stories from the earlier books. Hopefully eventually all the books will get re-issued as electronic books, but I suspect a lot depends on whether Baen still have rights to them.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote