Old 11-26-2009, 01:19 AM   #4
Vienna01
Old Dog Learns New Tricks
Vienna01 doesn't litterVienna01 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-500,PocketBook 301, Sony 650
Thanks Dreams for the suggestions on locating my Sony library files

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Do you have the Sony eBookLibrary on one computer and wish to set up eBookLibrary on the Win 7 computer? (I'm not sure what you mean.)

I download my books (all formats) to folders I set up myself under my documents. If you can't find them, you can type a name in win explorer search When the found files come up you can right click on the file for properties. The window comes up to check for details of where the file is located. (is this what you mean?)

If they are books from the Sony store they are lrx and located in a separate place on your computer.

I copy and move files without my 505 attached all the time.

Could you give more details to help with a better answer?
Dreams,
Thanks for the suggestions. You answered one of my questions. From your reply it seems, not having the reader attached to my computer is not the problem.

I lost the locations of the books on my computer while/after moving to WIN 7 [clean disk install]. After the switch I had to reinstall the SONY library application. Before the switch to WIN 7, I manually transferred many directories to a scratch disk and then to my PC. I did not retain them on my scratch disk. I do not recall which directories were transferred. When I re-installed the Sony ebook Library application under WIN 7, SOMEHOW my rebuilding picked up the books so the Sony application found them. I cannot drag books from the library icon to the computer icon.

Before the WIN 7 switch I always could find my books in the PC files where I placed them before copying them to the Sony Library application using drag & drop. Before, they were always shown in BOTH the Library & in a PC File.

Now all the books are viewable using the Sony Library Application so they are there-somewhere. I could not find any of them even with several searches [using author names,titles,.lfr etc]. These books [several hundred] are not from Sony store they are not DRM [.lrx] they are .lrf

It must be something simple but I haven't thought of a solution yet. When I learn of how to fix things it will be one of those flat of hand slap to forehead moments.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...add1/smack.gif
Vienna01 is offline   Reply With Quote