View Single Post
Old 06-24-2012, 05:54 AM   #6
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
This is more or less what Amazon did when they "cheated" their default font for better readability. It is a bolder version of the "regular" Cecilia.
Actually, they didn’t cheat, they simply selected PMN Caecilia LT 65 Medium as the default font, which is ony slightly bolder than the regular font and clearly distinguishable from PMN Caecilia LT 75 Bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But what then happens if there's bold text within the book that it's important to be able to distinguish? This sounds like a rather bad idea to me, I'm afraid.
I also think that this is a bad idea. Even though bold text is rather rare, the reader should be able to distinguish it from regular text.

Selecting a medium weight font like Amazon did for the Kindle is probably a better idea. Have a look at the screen captures of the default Kindle fonts to see what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	regular.JPG
Views:	456
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	88254   Click image for larger version

Name:	condensed.JPG
Views:	461
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	88255   Click image for larger version

Name:	sans-serif.JPG
Views:	443