View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:54 PM   #101
capnm
Groupie
capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'capnm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: sony
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwidude View Post
@capnm
- Which TOC are you wanting to check for - the metadata TOC? I confess to still not having my head around this TOC stuff despite the FAQ entry. Could be one for Idolse...
- The calibre_bookmarks.txt would be easy enough to do a check for, and likewise remove once the plumbing is in place to do the same for multiple jackets (maybe even less work since perhaps it isn't listed in the epub's index of files?).
- I have no idea what "iTunes spoor" is?
epub TOC: How about just checking for the existence of a toc.ncx of at least 1000(?) bytes? That sidesteps the issue of whether or not the TOC is any good, but does require it to have a few entries.

calibre bookmarks: I think that can just be deleted with no ill effects -- at least that's what I've done by hand and it hasn't bit me yet
(file is \META-INF\calibre_bookmarks.txt)

iTunes $#*% : can also just be deleted -- Apple has the effrontery to stick this file not just in its copy of the epub, but in the original source epub -- so if you take a nice clean epub, and test copy it into iTunes to see how it looks, suddenly your original epub is no longer a valid archive ....
(file is \iTunesMetadata.plist) (I think)

And again, thanks, your plugins are great!
capnm is offline   Reply With Quote