View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 07:25 PM   #54
polly
Evangelist
polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.polly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 650, PocketBook 360, Astak PocketPro (RIP), Tungsten T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
And how does a Canadian Nook owner get around geo restriction? If the book is restricted at one store it will be restricted at another store.

The only way to get a geo restricted book, no matter what store you use, is to have a US address and some thing to mask your IP address.

If you wish to believe that Amazon is the only store effected by geo restrictions feel free to continue to believe that. You are wrong but you are free to continue to be wrong.
It's true that Amazon is not the only store affected by Geo restrictions. It's also true that different stores use different measures to decide where you are. With Amazon and B&N, that method is to look at your IP address. No US IP address, no US book. At the Sony store, I just had to give it an American address. BooksOnBoard was completely indifferent to my location. I was even able to purchase books in Iraq from that store. It's possible to get around any store's restrictions, but if you can purchase from more stores you have a better chance and some stores are much easier than others.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote