View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:08 PM   #23
jenifer.ezread
EZ Read Team Member
jenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enoughjenifer.ezread will become famous soon enough

Device: EZ Read Pocket Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhadin View Post
Biggest problem I see is that you are outrageously priced. Two examples: Terry Brooks' Bearers of the Black Staff is $19.99 in your store but $9.99 in the Sony store (and Sony uisn't noted fro being the lowest priced). Similarly, Stieg Larsson's The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest is $20.50 in your store and $9.99 at Sony. No matter how nice the store front may be, pricing will be key, and a $10 gap between you and Sony is a no-brainer -- Sony wins, you lose.
Unfortunately, we do not control the prices of our eBooks. Our wholesaler, who is given instructions by the publisher, chooses what to charge smaller retailers.

Companies like Sony, Amazon, and Apple are able to receive reduced eBook pricing because they put legal and financial pressure on publishers. Small retailers have no choice what to charge, we pay double what Amazon pays to even have these books in our store.

Books on Board is also a store with consistently higher eBook prices, but they are (for a VERY limited time with the new Agency Model rules) able to have "giveback" cash on each purchase. That comes out of their own capital, but will cease as more publishers choose the Agency way.

Truthfully, we are looking for a new wholesaler. I won't name names, but we are being charged the full price of a printed book for each eBook we sell. If I could name names, I would write an opera about the wickedness of our wholesaler.

Last edited by jenifer.ezread; 10-14-2010 at 03:35 PM.
jenifer.ezread is offline   Reply With Quote