View Single Post
Old 04-22-2010, 01:11 PM   #63
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
The only way well see a lot of sales of e-books is if there's DRM systems that allow sells/trades by transferring licenses. i.e. can sell or trade to someone else, and the book is deleted from your account and can't be re-downloaded unless you purchase a new one.

I doubt they'll go that route
I doubt they ever will either, that's the point. Could DRM allow for selling eBooks, sure. Does it, nope. Whose decision is it... the publishers.

It's not surprising that the publishers are using DRM to eliminate the "used" market. The real question is, why was the system allowed to get to a state where it is the publishers decision whether or not consumers are allowed to exercise their legal right of "first sale".
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote