View Single Post
Old 02-20-2012, 04:38 AM   #143
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
For now. I mean, you understand what the endgame is here, right? Apple makes deals with schools so that only iPads (or their successors) are used in said schools. At that point, Apple locks it down and says you have to use iBooks Author to produce textbooks for the iPad.
Apple have always made deals with schools and given them discounted products. The idealists will say that it's admirable that they support education this way.

Realists will know Apple's marketing department follow the Jesuit principle "Give them to me for the first seven years and they're mine for life".

Both finish up with fanatical believers, though sadly for them their dropout rate is probably higher than they would like. I wonder what Jobs' Ninth Circle looks like?
plib is offline   Reply With Quote