View Single Post
Old 08-19-2009, 03:25 PM   #4
bookfiend
Enthusiast
bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookfiend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Clara HD, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalleron View Post
I have had a good experience so far with BooksOnBoard, although I haven't bought that much from them. If only their website was better.

Baen is awesome, if you're a geek like me.
Yes, the BoB site is a bit clunky. What I really like about them is that they accept PayPal, since I don't have a credit card. I know Fictionwise does too, but they make Paypal users do 'immediate' payment, which means you need a CC after all.

What I don't like about BoB is not being able to get non-DRM files (I'd read somewhere that they do have DRM-free stuff, but it must be for U.S. customers only). This makes it hard to integrate with Calibre; I've found a workaround by dragging the files directly to the Reader, but it's a bit of a pain.

So Baen remains the coolest for me: great reads, lots of free stuff, advance e-books with their Webscription service, and a no-DRM philosophy (partly explained here).
bookfiend is offline   Reply With Quote