View Single Post
Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #886
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
I've tried to convert epub to lrf using Calibre, with varying success. Could some nice techie please tell me how it's done properly. One problem I have with Calibre is font size; it often comes out too large or too small. I've never managed to get the settings correct.
Another reason I don't like epub is that I prefer justified margins. The right margin is always jagged on an epub.
Epubs can be justified under look and feel and IMO calibre does a pretty good job even compared to some that come already justified and many do.

Calibre does convert to lrf but stopped additional support when Sony did. The support is much better for epub.

Some people like lrf and I did too at first, but when I saw support becoming minimal I bit the bullet and switched.

If you were to post in the calibre conversions forum with a MR book you have problems with, probably I or someone else could get your font/justification problems ironed out.

Not saying you should abandon lrf, but it doesn't hurt to be comfortable with the alternatives.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote