View Single Post
Old 12-29-2013, 03:50 PM   #75
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwlester View Post
Does the new version of the appstore lose all association with older apps? I've been participating in the free app of the day since they started. I don't own all apps they've given away, but I have a large number. I have a couple of apps loaded on my phone from Amazon (TripIt ad-free, an office suite, and something else, I think)... After loading the new appstore, it shows no apps on my phone, and no apps in the cloud. I downloaded a free app and it shows in my list under Cloud, but it's the only one despite having hundreds. Also, when I loaded the new appstore and signed in, my Amazon Cloud Player changed appearance and refreshed all my music.
The older AppStore versions would show all your apps listed in the cloud, even if they weren't compatible. The new one only lists what is compatible, so you'll see a shorter list definitely. But it should still show what is compatible, and it's not like the older versions actually would let you install incompatible apps. It just listed them, then told you they were incompatible when you tried to download them.

On the one device I've actually let upgrade so far, the app associations remained and all of them Mom's tried to run so far worked okay. It did dereg/rereg my device on me, and rename it to the default, and still refuses to let me rename it, but app associations work okay. (And Amazon's support confirmed it was a problem with the AppStore app preventing the renaming, it's not just my theory.)

If you have a lot of apps, refreshing the list is an exercise in frustration. With 200+ apps it take over 5 minutes. I usually wait till there's a couple of new apps to install before I bother because of this. Refreshing on devices with the old AppStore takes a minute at worst, usually more like 10 seconds.

To be honest, the new version is way too buggy, they rushed it out. It shouldn't be in production. I refuse to upgrade anything else till I hear they've got the bugs sorted out. I expect that to be... maybe June.