View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 01:53 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck_in_Japan View Post
I have a question. I'll be a first time Kobo owner but most of my purchases are from Kobo. I have all of them on Calibre and usually I use a Sony PRS650. When I go to install those books on my Kobo. Should I be downloading them from the cloud or should I use Calibre? Will my books show up twice if I sideload them?
Have a look at https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=211379. This has some discussion related to this and should give you an idea of what will happen. And probably more questions to ask.
Quote:
The books that I've bought from Amazon and converted using the Sony Reader output settings, am I going to have to reconvert those using Kobo Aura output settings? So many questions.
Try them and see. I've never used a Sony device, so I don't know how much tweaking is needed to get an epub looking good on them. About the only thing I can think of is the size of any images (maps, photos etc) in the books. The Sony Reader output profile is probably set to resize to 600*800 or a little smaller. The images might look a little small on the Aura. It will also depend on how big the images were in the originals.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote