View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 04:15 PM   #1
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Android eBook Manager (NOT Reader)

I've Googled "android eBook library management" and searched the forums for "book manager" and "book management" and not found an answer. Is there an Android App that will allow you to manage books like Calibre does for the PC? I know there are multiple eReaders out there and I'm set with an eReader. I want to manage a large library. I'm aware that I can set up Calibre on my PC as either a wired or wireless server. That's not what I'm looking for.

I have an ASUS Transformer TF201, with the dock/keyboard. The TF201 has a microSD card slot; the dock/keyboard has an SD card slot and USB slot. What I would like to be able to do is this:
  • Have my library either in main memory, or one of the storage devices
  • Manage the library something like Calibre does for PC's
  • Have the ability to transfer books from the library to another eReader, be it Kindle, Nook or otherwise (Currently, I can wade through a list of books in an Android folder, eventually find what I'm looking for, 'Copy' it, navigate one folder at a time to my plugged in eReader and its book folder, 'Paste' the book. Then navigate back to the original folder and start over. Very Cumbersome.)

Calibre is a GREAT program and I use it on my PC often (thanks Kovid). I would like something with near that kind of functionality for my Android Tablet.

Thanks!

John
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote