View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #62
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Blossom, yours looks perfect. More even than mine! Mine is a bit blotchy, more like Scarpad's. Doesn't bother me, I love my PW.
I was so happy to get one without the blobs, specks or bleeding! I've seen plenty of pics and I just have to say until someone actually see how a PW illumination works you can't go by pics. It's nothing like a LCD Tablet. It really reminds me of fluorescent lighting. You have to see one to understand how it works.

I don't have any blotchiness even reading on it at 4 in the dark. One thing you will notice as you turn the light down that the eInk pixelly background began to show through the light giving that same muttle look that all eInk eReaders have. Some eyes might see that as blobs but it isn't. I'm not saying the blobs don't exist I've seen too many pics to know they do but this is a separate issue.

There is no way you can expect a perfect white screen with the setting so low. eInk just doesn't work that way. This is a limitation I'm don't think can be fixed. However at higher settings you should see a even white lighting across the screen. Well it's not white white more like fluorescent white.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote