View Single Post
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 AM   #3
Rizla
Member Retired
Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rizla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR (rooted) & Sony T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
They use Wifi, Bluetooth, NFC or GSM/CDMA depending on the situation. I don't know what you mean with "built-in wifi cards one cannot to a network with?" ?.
*can connect to*. Excuse my typo. It's pretty obvious though

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Munch View Post
I think you should rather tell us what your needs are, so we can help, because you don't seem to know much about these kinds of things..
I just want general info. What's a mid-range processor, what's top of the range, etc? If you look at RAM on a windows laptop (90%+ of the market), you'll get away with 2 gig, maybe, but these days you need at least 4 gigs and 6-8 gigs is best.

It's that kind of general information I'm looking for. If you absolutely need a *profile* then I'll say non-power user who wants a tablet with some future-proofing. Wants to play basic games (dancing crows or whatever), word-processing, browsing, nothing special, but I don't want it to crawl when I open two windows.
Regarding storage, again, a *general* profile. I don't need to store huge amounts of data, but I will want to install some apps like word-processing apps, music playing. I won't need to store movies, but I do want the ability to install a few programs and not have to worry about running out of memory. It will be used by more than one user, so space is importantish.

Basically, I'm looking for an everyman profile. Neither super-powerful nor bargain-basement. Mid-range. Thanks.
Rizla is offline   Reply With Quote