View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 03:00 PM   #59
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Can't tell how this is cooler than the previous versions, since I don't have any android devices.

But I'm curious: why does all android marketing look like it's aimed at PG13 crowd? It's always sone kind of fighting robot with freaking laser, transformer, or in this case, tron ripoff. I've seen ads that show no human, not even a hand model, opting instead for a robot arm.

I know android phones outsell everything else, so apparently it works. Or the product succeeds despite the marketing.
The robotic commercial are part of Verizon's DROID campaign. These are Verizon exclusive high end phones. Verizon sells Android phones and their trademarked DROID(tm) phones. Both are Android devices.

HTC, Samsung, etc... do air regular commercials but their spin is on the phone not the platform. They probably just don't catch you eye like the DROID commercials, kind of shows you the marketing genius of Verizon.

The samsung spider commercial is one of my favorite ones, I still laugh every time I see it.
=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote