View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #7
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
It's a very strange question you're asking. You seem to be presenting conflicting format requirements.
In any case, 'best' is totally subjective, and what you want might not be what's best for anyone else.

People who need "good PDF support" on a reader are usually asking because the want the specific page layout and formatting that is in the PDF. Using any ebook format, AZW or ePub, effectively negates this. Conversely, I'd never choose PDF format to read on an eReader if the same content was available in a suitable 'real' ebook format like ePub.

That being said, I was rather surprised to find that my little 5" Sony PRS-350 reader could reflow many text-based PDFs, making many PDFs far more readable than on my 6" Kindle.

I would personally opt for a Kindle DX if I needed to read a lot of PDF, as I like Kindles, and don't like reading on back-lit screens, but if I needed to read a lot of color material or do research (linking technical PDFs to online resources) I'd consider an iPad or other tablet.

ApK

Last edited by ApK; 04-13-2011 at 10:30 AM.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote