View Single Post
Old 07-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #7
Chrysanthemum
Enthusiast
Chrysanthemum began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2,
Okay, I completely deleted the Table of Contents from the odt file, then went through chapter by chapter, highlighted the chapter titles and reset their formatting to header1. Then using the navigator I dropped and dragged the chapter links from the header file onto the page where the Table of Contents would go. Then I reloaded it into Calibre, re-did the metadata, and converted it to ePub. The finished product seems to work correctly.

But, when I use it on my Nook, while the chapter 1 link correctly moves you to chapter one, the "Go To" function on the Nook touch screen still moves you to the cover page when you select chapter one. But like I said, when you tab down to chapter one on the actual contents page and select it, it takes you to chapter one. SO could you check the code for me to see if there is still something weird? At this point it seems to me that the ePub was made correctly but that the Nook is reading it weird.

BTW, I'm downloading Sigil right now.
Attached Files
File Type: epub Meaning of One_ Stone and Fire - Sovran.epub (635.0 KB, 198 views)
Chrysanthemum is offline   Reply With Quote