View Single Post
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 AM   #721
soulfuldog
I ♥ Calibre
soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soulfuldog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Voyage, Sony PRS-350, Hudl2
Pretty interesting, and I can appreciate the love you have for your PW's and not wanting to go back to older models, but I still can't see past that paying the full price and being willing to accept the faults you can see on it. Just encourages companies to push out new products without ironing out it's problems first. One of the perceived negatives of Kobo is their continual firmware updates & bug fixes, like it's beta software they have running all the time. I think the hardware issues with the PW are even worse. The huge variation in quality is incredibly shoddy, but then I guess that's really down to the pressure on them to sell these things at the lowest possible price.

Ah well, at least the dark winter days are over here for now, so I won't be longing for a lighted reader so much and can patiently wait and see what happens later this year...... You do know that if Amazon release another PW at the end of this year you will all be thinking of buying the "new & improved model"

Edit: Yolina I did a similar thing, contacted customer support and told them I would have bought a Paperwhite but due to it's issues was considering a Kobo Glo instead, and added I hoped they would fix the PW so I could stick with the Kindle. Just got a generic response so I don't even know if anyone read it!

Last edited by soulfuldog; 03-08-2013 at 08:10 AM. Reason: Additional comment
soulfuldog is offline   Reply With Quote