View Single Post
Old 06-22-2008, 12:03 PM   #13
radius
Lector minore
radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radius ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aura One, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e, Google Pixel Slate
I know this has been mentioned on the forum before, but I couldn't find it in a search...

One option would be side lighting, using white LEDs at the side of the screen. I used to have a Sonly Clie PDA with an LCD screen that was side-lit rather than backlit. It was in colour and with pretty good dot pitch too.

The first Nintendo Gameboy Advances had similar screens (non-backlit, colour LCDs) and people were able to retrofit some white LEDs to the side the screen and light them that way.

Not quite as bright as backlit, and colours a bit washed out but very usable.

Size of screen might be an issue though since you are lighting from the perimeters
radius is offline   Reply With Quote