View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 05:43 PM   #1
niroma
niroma began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook 902 Pro
[solved] wget pdf newspaper from site?

Hi all,

I'm new on this forum and posting this since I couldn't find any postings covering this problem.

I recently bought a PB902Pro and the intended use is to download and read a daily newspaper on it. Problem is that the poor webbrowser (midori), used for the downloading, probably will make my wife wanna go back to the real paper format in a near future.

The newspaper is in PDF format and I have found a way to download it using wget on my Ubuntu-PC. Encourraged by this I searched this forum and found the very useful rsh script by review. Sadly enough the wget in the PB902 doesn't seem to handle cookies and thats where I now got stuck.

The site (http://www1.nwt.se/script/cgiip.exe/...nwt/login.html) uses cookies to identify the user after logging in. On the Ubuntu machine I can use the option --load-cookies to load a cookie file containing my username and password, but this doesen't seem to be possible on the PB902.

1. Is there a way to replace the built in wget?
2. Can I use some other available bash command(s) to solve this?
3. Is there a way to make midori store the login information?
4. Is it possible to somehow send keypresses to midori or control it by cli/script?

My aim is to create a bash-script for the PB902 that can logon to the site, find the latest issue of the newspaper pdf and finally download it to the memory card (/mnt/ext2).

Any hints are highly appreciated!

Last edited by niroma; 06-17-2011 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Problem solved
niroma is offline   Reply With Quote