View Single Post
Old 03-04-2010, 03:08 PM   #11
edembowski
Zealot
edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.edembowski has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-600, Nook Color, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by asjogren View Post
The encryption scheme is already known. Creating a "new" MobiPocket ID and registering it with your library is not a problem - I already registered my Kindle.
A sane person may take this approach. Unfortunately, the authors and supporters of the DMCA to not take this position, and anyone making a 3rd party implementation would face legal problems. This is one of those things where there is not a great deal of case law to support or reject the implementation, but I strongly suspect that it would not go well. In any case, there will be a legal problem.

Quote:
If any of these (future) eReaders is straight Linux and supports WINE and is/or emulates Intel, then a real MobiPocket Reader can be installed.
This would be another good way to go, but software distribution would be a problem. The user would need to follow some type of procedure to get the software installed (the 3rd party could not redistribute the app without a license).

- Ed
edembowski is offline   Reply With Quote