View Single Post
Old 11-08-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
JoeD
Guru
JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JoeD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: na
I very rarely re-read, but I still find the topic of DRM important. My reasoning is I don't want to lose access to a book I've bought but not yet read just because I decide to change my reader to a better eInk device or the company I bought the books from has gone bust/closed their DRM servers so I cannot activate on a new device. It's a little less important for me with fiction books that it is reference or software/music/games where I do re-read/watch frequently.

In reality, DRM doesn't impact me as I only buy products I know I can strip as soon as I've bought it. I only started buying from Amazon because of Alf. So it's more in principle than in practice that I object to DRM.
JoeD is offline   Reply With Quote