View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 09:03 AM   #12
ST-One
Addict
ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.ST-One can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Icarus8, Kindle DXG
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
Explain, please...

OP would like ...

-wifi
-eink
-6 inch screen

and you can organize books into collections. a Kindle 3 basically does that. She did not mention primary language on 1st post. And still, for DRM free books Kindle is an option via Calibre conversion.
She said that wifi would be nice, but she also said that it isn't a must.
eink - well the Kindle (you may have heard) isn't the only eink-device out there; and neither is it the only one with a 6 inch screen.

Organizing books on the device is offered by a lot of other devices also - she can have a pick out of a far wider range of readers other than the Kindle and not be locked into Amazon for DRMed content.

Quote:
English is the primary language for most ebooks. So unless you don't really know it, you will always have a hard time finding titles.
The primary language for ebooks is English? Perhaps in the US. Here in Germany it's - surprising as that may seem - German. I'm sure in Belgium it's Dutch and French.

Quote:
It is not a reader issue though, but a publisher one. There are thousands of mobi books in foreign languages. I do have hundreds of classic in Spanish, mobi format that I can read on my Kindle 3
Classics are nice and all - and you can get most of them for naught all over the net in epub also (the standard-format here in Europe).

Nothing really against the Kindle, it's a nice enough reader (but the keyboard has to go) - but you run into quite a few hurdles when you'd like to switch to another device (most likely a Sony here in Europe) and would like to read your Amazon-purchases on it.
ST-One is offline   Reply With Quote