View Single Post
Old 02-25-2010, 10:27 PM   #72
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
I think that's a little unfair, true that no one owns those works is better wording that the public owns them but the concept of public property doesn't make someone a communist, public buildings are the work of the people who made the bricks and cut the wood and put it all together, they got paid and the people got the result. Public parks, public restrooms, public streets to drive on, PBS, NPR.

It probably seems like I'm starting to dog you it seems to be us being online at the same times and you're not a target of mine or anything. I mean I seem to disagree with every opinion you're expressing but it's not personal I'd give the same reply no matter who made the post except for this part telling you I'd make the same reply.

Agreed. I have nothing personal against you either. We just have very different opinions and world views, so we're going to but heads if we try to debate such topics. As I said in the other thread, we're polar opposites and neither of us really respect the other's world view. That's no disrespect from me to you or vice versa--just the way it is coming from very different world views etc.

I will say stuff like PBS, NPR etc. are't a fair example. Those are in some sense owned by the public as they're rain with donations from the public, tax payer money etc.

An author writing a book didn't receive public funding to do so, if they did, then I'd think you and your ilk had a point.
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote