View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 07:12 AM   #1
RobFreundlich
Connoisseur
RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobFreundlich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android Tablet with Calibre Companion and Moon+ Reader Pro
Feature Request: Option to unmount/mount SD Card after sync

I see you're drawing to a close on this release cycle, and I'm kicking myself for not visiting this forum more frequently. But I'll throw this in as a request for a last-minute change or for your next cycle.

I use CC on my Kindle Fire Original (rooted so I could put on the Google Play store and get CC there), and it works great on that device. I use it almost exclusively to manage my book library, and connect wirelessly every day to Calibre to download my morning news.

The only catch is that after the connect/sync of the news, the Kindle Newstand app doesn't see the new issues (see this old thread) until I dismount and remount my SD card. I am manually doing the unmount/remount, but it is a pain in the neck.

So here's the feature request, after all that buildup: could you add an option to CC to automatically unmount and remount the SD card after a wireless sync? (or, rather, unmount, wait for the unmount to complete, then remount and wait for the remount to complete)

Alternatively, could you provide a button that would do that same sequence manually? Showing/hiding the button could be an option so all of the folks who don't need it wouldn't see it.
RobFreundlich is offline   Reply With Quote