View Single Post
Old 09-07-2013, 03:11 AM   #4
Chris_Snow
Zealot
Chris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipseChris_Snow can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kobo glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
Just to check what you currently have:

You are using the metadata plugin so that that your books on you Kobo Glo have the series info in the title of the book.

You now want to move to just title and just have the Glo show the series info in the list.

If that is correct, then you need to:

- In the device driver configuration, make sure the "Set series information" option is selected.
- Remove the metadata plugboard.

After this, on the next connection to the Glo, calibre will set the series info on the device for all books already on the device. And when you send a new book to the device, the title won't be altered.

To fix the title for the books already on the device, you will need to use my Kobo Utilities plugin to fix the titles. After installing the plugin, select the books that need to have their title fixed and use the "Update the metadata in device library" to set this and any other metadata that you need to change.
Thx David. This sounds as though it is what I'm looking for. It's been quite a while since I set things up, that I've forgotten what I did - so changing it is that much harder.

And thx also for the info on how to update the the books already on the device. I forgot to ask that question. I've used your plugin before, so I'll have to re-familiarise myself with it.

The help is most appreciated.
Chris_Snow is offline   Reply With Quote