Thread: FIRE vs TABLET
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 01:54 PM   #5
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
I wondering what the differences are? Pros/Cons?
Even though the tablet is based on Android it will not feel like an Android device. Also tablets run a modernized OS that is designed with tablets in mind.

With the Fire you can browse, watch movies, and read like any old tablet. However you will be limited to Amazon content and the amazon appstore. In addition their default browser will run through a proxy and collect information about your usage. Access to the Market will require a hack and it is unknown if Amazon will allow apps to be installed outside of the appstore.

Most tablets you will have access to all of Google content the Google Market with it pre-installed. To get access to other stores all you have to do is install the Amazin appstore and GetJar.

Since the market is neutral you will have access to Amazon books, B&N books, Sony, Google, etc...

Also tablets come in all size and from different manufactures. My opinion is you stay with the higher end models as the experience will be much better.

The only two lower end tablets that have caught my eye is the Lenovo A1 and the T-mobile Springboard. @ $200+

The Samsung Tab and Toshiba Thrive however are excellent tablets that start at the $400+ range

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote