View Single Post
Old 04-05-2011, 08:38 AM   #108
Solicitous
Wizard
Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solicitous ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket Pro (Black), 2 x Kindle WiFi (Graphite), iPod Touch 4G
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_bike_kite View Post
I don't like sex scenes in books though I'm far from being a prude. Sure, I can accept it if it's essential for characterization but usually it's not. Most of the time I just get that feeling that the author doesn't get away from their type writer that much and I'm just having to wade through their private (public) fantasies.
That sounds just like my thoughts. If it is essential then I have no problems. An ebook I read a few months ago (self published, good reviews) didn't have sex scenes but had a character in several scenes imagine themselves with homosexual tendencies. This had absolutely no bearing at all on the story, nor did it reflect the character in terms of the story. It was just way out there and really distracted from the story.
Solicitous is offline   Reply With Quote