View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 08:35 AM   #1223
peaceridge
Guru
peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peaceridge ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura1, Nexus7.2, Galaxy Tab A 8.4, Ipad Air & Mini 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by peaceridge View Post
Thanks, all comments are helpful. Currently I'm trying out the Archos G9 - a bit smaller, but the $149 price tag at my Staples store lets me try it for 14 days. Currently setting it up - already I don't like the fact that it doesn't connect directly to Calibre (but then neither does my Sony). I know it is supposed to have an easily cracked screen, but I'm hoping that the 8" vs the 10" will help with that.

Well, it crashed 7 days after purchase (got in a loop in the fix menu and wouldn't go back to the reader no matter what menu item I chose - even chose reformat drive and it wouldn't restart). It was the best size I've ever had, but I'm afraid to try another Archos.

So, I'm looking at other 8" ones - right now the Galaxy Tab 7.7, but it is really pricey - why is it so much more expensive than even the 8.9 I don't know!
peaceridge is offline   Reply With Quote