View Single Post
Old 01-13-2011, 12:51 AM   #61
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
So I've read a couple of the articles that are linked above.....actually stopped reading the Sympathy for a Superman article, it seems obvious to me he didn't even read the book, or at the most just skimmed it.

The biggest flaw I see in all of these articles is that they gloss over most of the book and nitpick on certain paragraphs, which do NOT make up the sum of the novel.

YES they try to create sympathy or him, he's EIGHT! People seem to forget that these kids are NOT teenagers, they are SIX to EIGHT.

Is he exonerated from the act that he did? NO! He's persecuted for his actions, and goes to live in exile!

When being told that the thing wasn't a "game" and he sent someone to kill hiimself, and destroy a world, he was mortified! People seem to forget that the bigger picture was the government manipulation rather than the acts of the kids.

I think the Creating the Innocent Genocide was well written, but it seems the author of the article only wants to see small instances in an otherwise bigger picture.
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote