View Single Post
Old 01-23-2009, 06:11 PM   #36
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valloric View Post
I hate depending on other people's code. Also, to me this is supposed to be fun and challenging. I also don't want to depend on something like Word (which people have to buy first) or OpenOffice (which is a resource hog). Both are made for entirely different things.

something like BD for epubs,
Understand. A couple points.
I never mentioned using somebody's else code, so I don't understand where you are make such a statement.

If you are referring to using somebody's else product, there isn't a tool here that isn't using another persons product.

Writing everything from scratch might sound fun but it is daunting and long endeavor, also remember you idea of fun might not necessarily mean the same for others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
Actually "format shifters" have to do a lot of editing if they want to create good books
So you do want a feature rich WYSIWYG editor? Or would you be happy editing with a tool lie emacs/VI. ( Note Noting wrong with the latter I use VI all the time either for righting software or before importing html code generated from pdftohtml into Word.) I'm just not clear on the point your making is all.

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote