View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 04:20 PM   #670
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
Kai771
Correction to your guide: there is no need to install Lua 5.2. We are actually using LuaJIT which is downloaded when you run "make fetchthirdparty", so it makes no difference which version of Lua (if any) you are running on the host machine.
That's what I thought too, except luajit needs lua for it's make to succeed (if I remember correctly... I'm pretty sure it failed until I installed lua, but I'll check it again).

Checked: without lua, you get this:
Code:
make -C luajit-2.0
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/kai771/kindlepdfviewer/luajit-2.0'
==== Building LuaJIT 2.0.0-beta10 ====
make -C src
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/kai771/kindlepdfviewer/luajit-2.0/src'
DYNASM    buildvm_x64.h
make[2]: lua: Command not found
make[2]: *** [buildvm_x64.h] Error 127
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/kai771/kindlepdfviewer/luajit-2.0/src'
make[1]: *** [default] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/kai771/kindlepdfviewer/luajit-2.0'
make: *** [luajit-2.0/src/libluajit.a] Error 2
In Ubuntu 12.04, just apt-get install lua doesn't get you anything - you need to specify version. So I went with the latest. But will check that again, and get back to you (Checked - you need to specify version. It offers lua50, lua5.1 and lua5.2).

Quote:
Concerning the resolution issue: I just run nvidia-settings and it lets me configure a metamode 1920x1600 with the physical resolution of 1920x1200. I assumed that the other graphics cards and OSes have a similar capability. Are you saying that Windows 7 does not have a concept of virtual screen, i.e. screen with the size bigger than physical resolution?
No, I'm saying I'd much prefer a scrollbar on the window. I'm aware of xrandr, but it's a bit buggy in VM. Anyway, here's a simple way, at least in Ubuntu - hold alt, click anywhere in window, and drag it. This will allow you to move title bar and upper part of the window off the screen.

Last edited by Kai771; 09-18-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Checked!
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote