View Single Post
Old 05-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #49
ctskim
ctskim began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I just followed the guide here and I was able to solve the Your Kindle Needs Repair notice. My problem now is when I restart my Kindle touch it freezes on the Please wait a moment while your Kindle starts up.

The only way I can get it to boot again is via MfgTool.

I dont get this one:
Quote:
You may need to clear out your /var/local partition by zeroing mmcblk0p3, or you might need to set your idme bootmode var to main. It is possible that the "lockup" is actually booting to fastboot mode. If fastboot can see it, you can do "fastboot setvar bootmode main". Or in diags ssh, you can do "idme -d --bootmode main;rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS;reboot".

I also dont get this one:
Quote:
Assuming it is a K4 or touch, it sounds like your bootmode var is probably set to fastboot mode. You need to set it to main. You can do this with fastboot:

fastboot setvar bootmode main

Or you can set it from diagnotics mode at an SSH command prompt or in a RUNME.sh script launched by my data.tar.gz that you can download in the "Select Boot" thread.

To use a RUNME.sh script, you also need an ENABLE_DIAGS file so it runs in diags mode. Put these commands in a RUNME.sh script, or execute them from an SSH shell in diags mode:

idme -d --bootmode main
rm /mnt/us/ENABLE_DIAGS
reboot

I would try the bootmode var first, then if necessary, zeroing the /var/local partition, in that order.

Good luck.
I am a super newbie please help!!!!
ctskim is offline   Reply With Quote