View Single Post
Old 03-01-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
banjomike
Addict
banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.banjomike ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505,DSlibris,nook Glow & Simple & HD+,Tab S2,Moon+,Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treven View Post
I finished wading through this book. While I did like the storyline, I really had trouble dealing with the flourishes and fancy words. To me it certainly isn't present- day English.
Well you are right. The original dates from 1934 and was rehashed in 1948. It is some of the oldest SF on my bookshelf (and in my reader). Sometimes I use it to practice speed-reading.
banjomike is offline   Reply With Quote