View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 10:19 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by comet View Post
Two kinds (I read mathematical texts in topaz-format): Some time ago I often missed in mathematical expressions parts of the expression like an index and so on. Now the expressions are always complete. Second the integration of mathematical expressions into the surrounding text looks now very nice with respect to the size and the form of the expressions.

It sounds like they have improved the processing of the data with regard to mathematical text. Topaz uses a technique very similar to that used in DJVU. You can read about how DJVU works in our wiki. To be more precise it is like IW44 which is a simplified subset of DJVU. I suspect they have improved the glyph location and sizing techniques to optimize the use of mathematical equations. The database itself would not need changing to accommodate this sort of improvement, however, the scanning processing would need to be better. Glad to hear about this improvement.

Dale

Last edited by DaleDe; 03-11-2012 at 10:22 PM.
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote