View Single Post
Old 11-03-2011, 08:20 AM   #8
coderserdar
Groupie
coderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five wordscoderserdar can name that ebook in five words

Device: Amazon Kindle 3 Wifi, İpod Touch 4th Generation
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
@codersedar, I give you a thumbs up for such determined contributions to the forums. You are just too cute.
I think you have a lot to offer, but your posts are a bit brief. Mostly lists.

I am Canadian and have always lived in Canada. I have Romanian roomates and am always enthralled by their world views. I am sure I would be enthralled with the Turkish one, maybe more as Turkey tried to join Canada a few years back.

Smiley and all this comes of as a bit hostile especially in view of the fact that you do not provide much detailed information on the books yourself. Little bursts perhaps, but even your reply to Don had more lists than your thoughts on the books.

Now for Rex Stout

Nero Wolfe is wonderful. Classic detection written in an amusing manner..

The books are not too long and not too short. He tells the story and doesn't go on and on about the scenery and the furniture and how to make the world as he wants it to be.

The author is an interesting character himself
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rex_Stout
In some ways not unlike his main character Nero Wolf.

If I was to recommend these books to you it would be based not only on the excellent writing but that he wrote in several books on Wolfe's experiences in the Balkans, which I believe is quite close to Turkey.
yes, nero wolfe and archie goodwin are extraordinary characters in mystery literaty
and baklans are close to Turkey
i will listen your advice and start to read rex stout
coderserdar is offline   Reply With Quote