View Single Post
Old 06-02-2010, 11:58 AM   #1
crestfalleen
crestfalleen began at the beginning.

Device: iphone
blank page for cover after converting

My boss has me creating epubs from our books here and to do so I put them in InDesign CS4 and export to digital editions (even though it's kind of sloppy). The covers thus have a white border when viewed on a bookshelf or thumbnail. To fix this I add it to Calibre, load a new cover image (the same image that was used in InDesign), and then check the "Remove first Image" and check "Preseve Cover Aspect Ratio." Then I covert it to epub and the white border is taken over for the most part. In some programs it is still there, in others it's totally gone. But the problem I run into is that the "Cover" button/link in my toc now links to a blank page instead of the actual cover. Could anyone tell me how to fix this, what to check, uncheck, etc?
Before I coverted it in Calibre the epub file had all the files in the OEPS folder (besides the container.xml in the META-INF folder and the mimetype file) so it seems possible with the little knowledge I have of html/coding, but after Calibre converts it, it leaves the epub folder with files outside of teh OEPS folder, thus even if i could hand edit it, I don't have a zip program that allows me to put all those files in there together and let the mimetype be first.
I know, a lot of info, but thanks so much for your help guys. All the help I've gotten on here before has been tremendous. Thanks.
crestfalleen is offline   Reply With Quote