View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 07:36 AM   #24
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatCatElvis View Post
Installed the newest plug in. Have two new error messages.

Spoiler:
I have over 1500 books in Marvin and over 3000 books in Calibre. I started the MarvinXD interface, it indexed Calibre and Marvin library fine, and showed me the list of books in separate window. I clicked on Show Matched Status and found a series of green, yellow and white books.

I compared the yellow metadata of several files (and frankly couldn't identify what the difference was for most of the files, perhaps it was a new cover image) but because I like to keep all the metadata synchronized, I chose transfer to Calibre (error message), then tried to Marvin (got error message). Had to disconnect Calibre Connector in Marvin, restart Calibre.

DIALOG BOX: TypeError: Can only concatenate list (not "Nonetype") to list...

calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:can only concatenate list (not "NoneType") to list

calibre 1.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1048, in dispatch_context_menu_event
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 1908, in show_view_metadata_dialog
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 5590, in _update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 5442, in _update_marvin_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2208, in _build_metadata_update
TypeError: can only concatenate list (not "NoneType") to list

The other error message occurred when I was deleting the books in "white". I had about 4-5 books. The first two books deleted fine. Then I tried to delete the 3rd book, and got the following error message, and a perpetual spinning wheel with "Updating Marvin Library..." showing. Again, I hit disconnect in Marvin, and had to restart Calibre.
calibre, version 1.3.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>IndexError</b>:list index out of range

calibre 1.3 isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.marvin_manager.book_status", line 2970, in _delete_books
IndexError: list index out of range

Thoughts?
@FatCatElvis, I need to see a debug log leading up to the crashes. You can find instructions on creating a debug log at the issue tracker in the Creating a new issue post.

Please create separate issues for the two problems you describe.

Thanks.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 09-14-2013 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Hid details in spoiler