Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2013, 11:52 AM   #1272
BillyBigStuff
Enthusiast
BillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and graceBillyBigStuff herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: K5 B011 5.3.2
Hi guys,
Been out of the game for a while and just saw the new update for my K5 so thought I'd go for it. Got the 006 error when updating so used Kubrick (thanks for that, too, Ixtab!) and installed clean 5.1.2 with the jailbreak. I've updated to 5.3.2 and so far I've got the jailbreak, the kindlet jailbreak, combined-dev-certs-20121002, JBPatch, the collections manager and KUAL installed, as well as linkss 0.7 now I've got the special offers hidden.
I've been using the JBPatch feature for hiding the special offers since I first got my kindle jailbroken having bought it in America on holiday. They said they couldn't remove the special offers as I'm back in the UK now so it was the only way I could do it. I've just been having a go at custom fonts using the method linked to as working on the Paperwhite 5.3.x kindles and my kindle crashed while I was changing the font. When it came back it loaded special offers on to the device regardless of having the patch running for hiding them.
I understand this is a sort of grey area, I'm just wondering if there's anything I've missed, or anything I can do to hide them again.
Thanks
Bill
PS: Thanks to everyone for their hard work!

Last edited by BillyBigStuff; 02-23-2013 at 11:54 AM.
BillyBigStuff is offline   Reply With Quote