View Single Post
Old 02-05-2013, 06:28 AM   #22087
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
Do you need ID? I swear this place is over regulated. Over here you would think the place was full of spies and terrorists. You need pretty good ID to buy a SIM card. But like guns, that only stops the average citizen. The crooks and baddies can just buy a stolen one.
An ID is required in S'pore, 'asked for' in Malaysia, and in Thailand... any convenience store, any of the 100's of telephone shops and kiosks in EVERY shopping mall (often an entire floor of a mall might be ONLY telephone shops,) repair centers in computer malls. etc. etc. If you've got the money, honey, we've got the card! In the US, you can buy a phone in most Wal-Mart, Target, CVS, (all large multi-marketing department stores/pharmacy/super stores) as well as refill card. No ID required.

In Japan you have to not only show valid ID, you have to use your 'hanko' to validate the contract. Add in a direct monthly draw on my bank account (so of course I had to give them the account number,) and a pound of flesh. 48 different documents to sign, be advised about, counter-signed after highlighting various points, 'hanko-ed' to acknowledge, and leave the shop with a small shopping bag, mostly filled with copies of papers... and a small box holding your new phone.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote