Thread: 360 Plus Where to buy a 360 (or plus)
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2012, 05:29 PM   #7
unkilbeeg
Enthusiast
unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!unkilbeeg My eyes! My eyes! The light is just too bright!

Device: Sony PRS-500/Astak EZReader 5"/PocketBook 360/Kindle
I agree about the wifi's lack of interest value. My new 360+ just showed up a couple of days ago, so I haven't had a chance to test its speed, but that will be a pleasant upgrade. I must have just gotten under the wire for North American purchases. The second vendor I tried completed the sale and I have it in my hands, but their site no longer has a 'buy' button on any Pocketbook products.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedd View Post
And 'all the other navigation controls have been eliminated' is not an accurate assertion.
Well, not for all (or even most) touchscreens. Now. But it appears that the newer models are becoming more and more 'touch only" so that does seem to be where the trend is heading.

Sony still has physical controls. Kobo has a home button, everything else is touch. Most Kindles still have controls, but the newest one, the Kindle Paperwhite, is all touch. The Nook Simple Touch still has page turn buttons as well as a home button, but no other navigation controls. Pocketbook is no longer in our market, so for me they don't count...

So it looks to me that touch only is the ideal they are working towards.
unkilbeeg is offline   Reply With Quote